Monday, December 1, 2008

Don't Forget!!

It's that time of year again! I am so excited! Every summer and winter, the Beehive Bazaar comes alive and features the handmade work from some of the most talented and creative artists and crafters here in Utah. It is a must stop and a real treat to attend this event! Don't miss out!


So what am I making for it this year?
 These:

Although, I am not quite done with them, here is a little sneak peak. This will be a vintage book of "The Night Before Christmas". I have Modge Podge'd the pages to heavy card stock and, of course, added accents of glitter to some of the pages. 
Of course. 
They will be bound with silver ruffle ribbon - perfect for hanging on the tree, doorknob or displayed on the table for a quick bedtime story!

Also...

These.
 They are "display" plates. I can't really call them "cake" plates because I am not sure they would hold up too well with food! I think they would be perfect for the bathroom counter to hold perfumes, soaps or what I did......
I use mine next to my stove to hold the salt and pepper shakers and toothpicks.


I thought I would show some pictures of previous purchases from past Beehive Bazaar's. In no way am I trying to show off all my great stuff - that is lame, but to give you a sense of what kind of crafts to expect. This is not your average Utah craft show. There will be no glass blocks or wooden plaques with vinyl lettering on them, nothing that was just shipped from Thailand and looks like it came from Tai Pan, and no, you will not find metal magnet boards with a large wooden frames here. Not that there is anything wrong with that stuff, and if that is what you prefer, then you might want to stick to attending the Holy Cow or Blue Goose Boutiques. This show is a little more innovative and modern, and how should I say it....not so 
"Utah Culture-ish".

Here we go:

Purses by Noelle Olpin. One of the founders of the whole bazaar production. She is a busy girl! Her eclectic mix of fabrics make these a big hit at every show! She also sells aprons for adults and children alike. I have one on my wish-list this year! I can't wait to see what she has sewn up this year!



Only the cutest pin cushion in the whole wide world!



Original artwork by the one and only: Colett Yarro. Also known as "my big sister", hence the big plug! No signed and numbered prints sold here! You can check out her blog to see her latest and AMAZING work or she is also featured on the front page of the Beehive Bazaar website at the moment. If you ever find yourself in Park City, you can get up close and personal with her paintings at Paisley Pomegranate and soon to be in the Sugarhouse location, as well. So proud of you girl! Did I mention that she was featured on Design Mom with a  nice little shout out? 



Check out Kanani Hayes with Vinylicious. She also sells smaller notebooks, checkbook covers, coin purses and scripture holders. Can't make it to the bazaar? You can also find her work at Frosty Darling downtown SLC.



Not your ordinary mouse pad! A little touch of Amy Butler never hurt anybody! Not me, at least.



Pillows by Sherisa Bly with Robots are Forever. Little E loves his robot pillow and I must say that it looks pretty darn cute in his crib!



Glass votive with decoupaged tissue. I love the iridescent glow when the candle is lit!



Vintage fabric lampshade with large ball fringe. Perfect addition to my craft room....someday!



Stained glass by Stephanie Higginbothem. Another shining face behind the making of this show. However, I think she is just going to stick to making her amazingly beautiful cupcakes this year! You may have already tried them here. The frosting looks like edible lace. She is just as sweet as her baked goods, too!



Wooden magnets to help hold my recipes in place



Bobby Pin created by Miriam Sabir with Abode. You may have been to her delightful store located in the heart of Sugarhouse.



A delicious belt buckle that I attached to my father's old tooled leather cowboy belt. This can be found around my waist on a near daily basis! I heart it SO much!



Felt pin that dresses up any sweater or purse. I actually think it would be cute on a pillow too!



Jewelry by the talented Jennifer Calderon of 57 Mondays.
Do you enjoy asymmetry as much as I do?


Antique button rings by Molly Call, one of the beauties and brass behind the whole show! You can count on Molly making something unique and innovative at each show. Her taste and talents are unparalleled! How does she fit in crafting with all the planning and organizing of the show!?



Earrings by Caroline Drake with Armelle Jewelry.
Her blog is drool worthy.

*

So there you have it! Hope you can make it...it will be well worth it. Come do some Christmas shopping or to just spoil yourself! 

9 comments:

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

Amy, I love the display tables. they are beautiful!!

heidi said...

Wow. How have I not known about this before? I LOVE both of your items for the show. I especially love the Christmas ones. Let me know if you have any left. I want a one for a doorknob.

SUCH cool stuff.

Will you remind me for next year?

steph said...

Amy, you're awesome! I'm glad you are making stuff this year-see you in a few days-WHATTT???
Steph H.

sachia said...

I am in craft heaven overload. Soooo wish I could go. What is better to come out for this or Swiss Days?? Have you been to both? I am so there in spirit. You are so talented!

Sam and Jess said...

I want one of EVERYTHING. Such creative people. I still have the journal that you helped us make at a relief society activity...sooo cute. I wish that I could go, but unfortunately Ella is going to be at the hospital that day. Let us know when the next one is.

Margaret Kay said...

Really cool Amy! You'll have to tell me about them when I see you next! xo

sachia said...

Just stopped by again to drool.....

Joan said...

You are creative and artsy and your items are really cute. Now back to normal and get that house decorated.

The Gilbert Bunch said...

I am so out of it! I would love to go with you next year!