Saturday, December 6, 2008

Christmas Party Pooper!


There are a lot of perks with Wes' job, and this is definitely one of them!
Saturday was the Park City Fire Dept. children's Christmas party. It is such a fun event so I was really looking forward to going. Wes was on shift so we drove up and met him at the church where the party was being held. It really is so nice of the Park City residents to let part of their hard earned tax dollars go towards buying a present for my child and paying for this amazing party each year! We thank them graciously!
I really thought E. was going to be entertained by all the people, the games and food.... Nope. We had such a good time watching the other children behave so well and enjoying themselves while our child climbed the stairs over and over, ran away outside and gave random hugs to all the people he happened to run into!
He really is a good boy Santa, we promise!


The party was at St. Mary's church in Park City. The weather was perfect and we found ourselves being outside more than we were inside.
Well, only if we wanted a happy child instead of a screaming child.


The festivities included a couple balloon artists making imaginative shapes for the children. All E. wanted to do was play in their stuff and make a mess.


He didn't care much about what they made for him and he just left it behind for some other kid to play with. He just wanted to be back outside!


There was also a magician who had brought a real bunny and performed some pretty cool tricks with really bad jokes!


That would be my child behind the magician. He didn't want to watch the magic show either.


Finally we gave in and left the party inside and started our own outside. We knew what was coming anyway....


Only minutes later, AirMed flew in and landed in the field next to the church! All the other kids and parents were outside by this time.


Then, Santa jumped out and surprised all the kids! It was very cool!


Wes took E. to see the helicopter and let him have a look around.


It kind of grossed me out letting him sit in here since I could see blood stains on the upholstery and thinking about how many people have suffered and died in there. Morbid, right?


It was time to sit on Santa's lap! Well, needless to say, he didn't care much about that either. Shocking.


This picture is wrong on so many levels. 
E. hates Santa, Wes is giving me the creeps and I am sick as a dog and could not be any more pale. Oh well, what childhood is complete without a bad Santa photo?


I guess Santa didn't think he was too bad since he gave him this. Well, the taxpayers did at least.

6 comments:

Colett (*.*) said...

That dear little E, he reminds me so much of Nick it's scary. Sorry Charlie, you are in for a wild ride, some not so proud parent/teacher conferences, a lot of sleepless nights, and many, many broken items in your home. Just hold on tight!

Margaret Kay said...

Amy, you are such a card. Emerson is too! Ha! Ha!

Kee said...

Party pooper? I dont think so! He is just showing you how to party "E" style! The Santa picture cracked me up. It reminded me of an Easter photo we had of the kids with the WORST bunny ever! He had acne and braces. I blew it up to scrapbook because Shon and I laugh our heads off whenever we see it. The kids might need therapy though! BTW could Emerson be any cuter? He is getting so big!

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

I love that picture with the Santa by the helicopter. That is a really cool picture!

Sorry E kept you from so much of the party. My kids are finally giving me the reactions I want when it comes to these types of things. I have been so disappointed so many times because I get so excited to do fun things for my kids and they just didn't care. Luke was 4 before he was even remotely excited about Santa coming to our house and he was 5 before he gave us a good reaction on Christmas morning. Megan was better (maybe because she is the second child) and she was excited for Santa at three.

My best advice for Christmas (not that you asked or anything) is not to wrap the gifts from Santa and not to care if it takes days to open the presents that are wrapped. I was so frustrated one year when Luke wouldn't open his presents. He was perfectly happy with the toys he had already opened and didn't want to be bothered with anything else. Once I figured out that it was ok to let some presents sit in their wrapping for a couple extra days, I had a lot more fun.

Joan said...

Get that baby a leash. You are going to need it. Colett is right, he is very much like Nick in his energy and individualism. Knowing his parents though, that's not too surprising is it??

sachia said...

This is my favorite post. I love to hear about other people's "wild" kids. I've got one meyself so I am enjoying your pain! Love ya. We can make it through this together!