Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Getting Caught Up!

Blogging has taken a backseat to life. 
October was such a busy month for us that when November hit, we just sat back, relaxed and procrastinated for a few weeks! It doesn't help that E. is getting 2 molars in at the same time while battling a cold that was worsened by his flu shot. I was a hermit for a good week because of it! Now I am trying to catch up on all that was ignored or set aside, and it hasn't been easy. So this is my attempt to update the ol' blogster with the latest happenings in my life. 
*
*
*
*
The Beehive Bazaar is rapidly approaching so I have been trying to get my butt in gear and get my projects finished for the show. They are a lot more labor intensive than I thought and I am finding myself getting burned out. My house looks like the craft fairy took a dump on our dining table. It's a disaster! Only 1 week to go before the show...must...stay...focused! Please try to make the Bazaar if you can! I will post an add next week as a reminder!



The Gallery Stroll has always been one of our favorite Friday night past times. We decided to hit the 3rd and 3rd district this time and I am happy that we did! We usually hit Pierpont, but I really had to get my Frosty Darling fix and check out the local goods! There are some really good showings going on downtown right now and we especially liked the photography exhibit at Saans Downtown! If you go, leave your boot cut jeans behind. Those are not allowed here!



Gardener Village is just a hop, skip and a jump from our house. Aren't we lucky!? I love this place! The Christmas elves are up to their usual mischief again so it was a must stop for our little family on Saturday! I really thought E. would get a kick out of these tiny fake people that are just his size. I was wrong. He didn't give a crap!



The highlight of our week was going to the Coldplay concert! I am a music snob. There is no doubt about it. I am not a fan of most music on the radio or bands that have been commercialized and saturated. This band is indeed an exception. I bought us tickets this summer for Wes' birthday, and at the time, the concert date seemed like an eternity away. I couldn't believe that it was already here! We went with our friends Holly and Andrew because Wes and Andrew bonded at a Coldplay concert in Orlando after a cross country road trip they took last year. (It's a long story!) I had to steal my friends pictures from her Facebook page because I didn't have any of my own (and Holly hasn't sent me the one's from her phone)! The tickets said right on them, "No Cameras" so I didn't bother bringing mine. Once we got into the arena, I saw that EVERYONE had cameras! Agh! It was honestly one of, if not, THE best concerts I have ever been to! 
No Camera, no Scmamera

Oh Chris Martin! You make my heart sing!

Here are the billions of velum butterflies that fell from the sky! It seriously gave me goosebumps. I love sensory overload and I love Coldplay!


8 comments:

Kristin said...

I am soo bummed we left before the butterfly drop {and that we didn't run into you guys amid the 20k + other fans there}. I have a table in my bedroom that resembles yours, only with ribbon, hair clips and hot glue guns instead of paint and wood. I haven't been to the Beehive Bazaar - I'd better go this year!

Sam and Jess said...

I am so jealous that you went to Coldplay. I kept dropping hints to Sam about how bad I wanted to go. But, when it came right down to it I didn't really want to fork over the money for it. Looks like it was wonderful.

heidi said...

What's the Beehive Bazaar and what are you making for it? I want to see.

We LOVE gallery stroll! I'm surprised we haven't seen you there before. The Frosty Darling is super cute - I've actually only peered in through the windows late at night and seen it online though. I'll have to make it in one of these days.

Ashley said...

Amy I am so glad that you are updating your blog. I love to read it.

Art walks? How amazing.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Joan said...

Frosty Darling? How come I don't know anything about it? I think I need to go. I love gallery strolls too. That is one thing I miss about Billings. We always went and had fun at those. As for Coldplay, well, I will stick to the Beatles and babysit.

Mom

{natalie} said...

i am so jealous you guys went to Coldplay. I couldn't pull the trigger and buy tickets and I still regret it. Maybe I'll see you at the Beehive Bazaar, I'm hoping to make it one of the days.

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

I hope you will post your projects. I would LOVE to see them!!!

Margaret Kay said...

Are bootcut jeans out already? They come in - they go out. I just recycle my closet because everything sooner or later comes back in style! You'll just have to keep me posted, because I guess I don't pay attention to style anymore. So, whose Coldplay? (See what I mean) xoxo