Monday, September 27, 2010

Wheeler Farm Fun

A few days ago, my mom and I took E to Wheeler Farm. I just love this place! I love how rural and unexpected it is in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the city. I love being able to see the animals up close and to study their behaviors and personalities. I love that it has picnic tables under the tall cottonwood trees so that we can have a picnic. I love that it is just a hop, skip and a jump from our house. I love that it is free. 
We like free things. Clearly.

*warning: I took A LOT of pictures that day!*

I spotted these guys crossing the road.  It immediately reminded me of the Abbey Road album cover:


 We always have to check out the tractors of years past.


 Dude. Chill out! Did someone wake up on the wrong side of the hen house? Oh, you weren't allowed to even be with the hens? I understand, now. 


 E was so confused as to why goats and sheep both say "BAAAA"

 Basking in the hot sun. These ladies have the life of luxury here on the farm!


 Mom and E 


 Bumpy rainbow skin. Kind of gross. 


 "He never hit the breaks and he was shifting gears". (5 points to whoever can name that song!)


 Giving him a big squeeze! He is pretty awesome!


  E would get one tiny blade of hay, stick it through the fence and say "Come and get it"! So funny!


I want to come back in December with a mug of hot cocoa and take a Christmas hay ride on this! 


 Sealed with a kiss!


 Oh mom! Close the door - we don't want to see that!


 More angry hen hungry roosters.


 Giddyup! Yeehaw! Rawhide!


 I bought him this $2 tractor that fell apart an hour later. It was fun while it lasted!

 Peek-a-boo! I see you!


He wouldn't come out of the treehouse so I had to crawl in and get him. I've seen a lot of Alfred Hitchcock films - this photo is a bit creepy! 

7 comments:

Kee said...

This looks like a lot of fun. I love the pic of you kissing E on the porch.

Angie of Down This Road Designs said...

We love Wheeler farm too and that it is FREE!!!! My kids would love to usher Emerson around that farm!!
Um..the song Papa loved Mama by Garth Brooks--pathetic that I know that. I know. :)

Colett (*.*) said...

I can't even begin to tell you how much I love that pic of the pig. also...Garth Brooks...ok I googled it...whatever.

Joan said...

It was a really fun day and picnic. I love the kiss picture too. It reminds me of the one with Colett and Nick. We need to do a big family day there.

Jem said...

I love the pig picture too. It looks like shes in heaven. Huge smile on her face. I love your moms face when she was on the pot. She really got into character.

Amy said...

Jem - you are funnier than you probably even think you are! I love your sense of humor!

La La Land said...

I wouldn't know a country song if it killed me.

The last shot is adorable and CREEPY at the same time! Good thing we know he's a sweet little guy, huh!?!