Friday, September 17, 2010

Celebrating #7

It is hard to believe that 8.5 years ago I met a great man. A man that I would fall head over heels for and that I would want to spend the rest of my life with. Now after celebrating 7 years of being married, I can still say that I am one lucky gal and that I love this man more with each passing day!

We decided to celebrate by packing several activities into one day! We dropped E off at my parents in the morning and headed up the mountain to Park City. A few months ago, Wes scored the highest on a course test at work and was rewarded by his department with 2 all access passes to the Park City Olympic Park. We thought our anniversary was the perfect opportunity to utilize them! 
Wes is practicing his slalom racing on the virtual alpine course.


I, however, am thinking I missed my calling in life. I can swing into a bobsled in no time! 


It was funny to see the costumes and props that were used for the opening and closing ceremonies of the 2002 Winter Olympics. I remember watching them on TV and thinking how boring it was! Because let's be honest, it was pretty bad! 


The Australian olympic team was in town practicing so we hung out and watched them for awhile. Which didn't really make sense to us because isn't it winter in Australia right now? Anyway, you can see the brave little guy in the middle of the picture just above the trees. 


We were given bracelets to wear that allowed us to get us on all the rides. That's right - we are XTREME! 


I haven't ever seen the runs up close and they are soooo big! This photo doesn't do it justice! I was very awe struck! 

This is what they cover the the runs with. Layers upon layers of long strands of wavy plastic. It's really slick and feels like wire. 


Our passes got us rides on both zip lines (there is a small and a large one) and the alpine slide. This is the top of the small zip line.


Buckle up and enjoy the ride!


Wes is trying to get his body in the most aerodynamic position. 


Next stop: the alpine slide. We were a little confused as to why the worker guy was wearing a beanie in 90 degree weather.

A view from my coaster!


After we left the Olympic park, we headed downtown to enjoy some tasty food from Cedars of Lebanon. It was soooo good! I loved the ambiance more than anything and it was fun to eat off a platter on a coffee table and relax our full bellies on the big silk pillows!


After dinner, we headed to Pioneer Park to hear the sounds of Zooey Deschanel in her band She and Him. I love her and her music! We have been wanting to see them in concert for a long time and it just so happened they were in town on this very night - and it was FREE! 


After elbowing our way through the drunken crowds we were able to get a really good spot to stand and watch about 30 feet from the stage.


Our Kodak moment!


When the concert was over we walked all over downtown. We checked out dark alleys, parking garages and we even climbed this stairway to get a better look at the skyline. Salt Lake is probably the only major city where you can feel safe walking around dark places!


We even decided to show off some of our talents. 


Wes does a little parkour.


Ahhhhh! Good times, Wes! Let's do it again next year, and the year after that, and the year after that.....



4 comments:

{natalie} said...

It looks like a wonderful day - I love getting to do lots of fun things on the same day. Happy anniversary!!

Joan said...

And E was the perfect house guest for us. He never cried once and was an angel. Let's do that again too when you know he is in a very good mood.

La La Land said...

Congrats! Looks like we have our anniversaries about the same time. The Olympic Park looks like SO much fun! I've never been there!

Amanda said...

This.sounds.like.THE.perfect.day.

Happy Anniversary!