Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Ryan Bingham Stole my Crazyheart!


Earlier this month, Wes and I had the opportunity to go see this guy in concert!
You may not know who this guy is by photo, so let me just educate you a little here! His name is Ryan Bingham and he just happens to be the stealer of mine and yes, even Wes' heart! He won both a Golden Globe and an Oscar for his song "Weary Kind" from the movie Crazy Heart starring Jeff Bridges (who also won the Oscar for best actor in the movie!). We actually rented the movie via Redbox a couple of months ago and we both thought the movie was excellent and the music was even better! Then, coincidentally, Mr. Bingham came to Deer Valley to perform and the Park City Fire Dept. got a few complimentary tickets. We snagged a few and headed up the mountain!
(oh, if you turn up your speakers, you can hear him serenading me!) 

  
When we got there, a lot of people had abandoned their place on the grass, blankets and all, and made their way to the front to be next to the stage. We followed suit and were able to get really close to the stage! It was chilly but Wes stood behind me and kept me warm!                           


I love that Wes and I have the same taste in music and we love to do the same things! It makes for a very fun marriage! We had a blast that night and have been listening nonstop to Ryan on our ipod. Yes, we are on a first name basis! 


Giving him, well....his cardboard cutout, a nice big grope hug Amy style!


We also have a tradition of buying a band T Shirt for every show that we go to that blows us away! His shirts just happen to be the coolest in our collection so far! 

P.S. After seeing this photo, I am really liking this new Target bra! 

8 comments:

lyndsey said...

loving all the new blog posts -- fun concert. i think e tooootally looks like wes from these recent photos. and also you crack me up! love the "p.s." looks like i need to take the girls to target.

madison holmes said...

Love the music but the movie made my heart soooo sad for quite a few days. even thinking about it now makes me sad.

You are lucky to have a lot in common with Wes! It looks like you two will have many fun adventures to come :)

Amy said...

Madison - Why did it make you sad? I didn't see it that way at ALL! I felt really good after it was over and loved the ending! How funny that we got such different outcomes!

Jem said...

Boobs

Kee said...

Wow, I really like his music, I'll have to find more of it.

Andrea Denzer said...

I love this song!
p.s. Your boobs really do look awesome!

madison holmes said...

I wanted her to be with him and it was a bummer how he found out he couldn't have her... just shocking I guess.

p.s. I sometimes cry at commercials, so it doesn't take a lot to tug at my heartstrings :)

Joan said...

His voice and face sure don't match. I need to see this movie.