Sunday, August 2, 2009

MT and Beyond - Part 1

I am still recovering from our great vacation to Montana and Wyoming! We had so much fun  and it was the kind of trip that I really did not want to be over. I even went through a little bout of sadness when we got home because I just wanted to stay longer and do and see so much more. Our days we filled with activities, catching up with friends and family, and seeing the sights and scenes I so dearly miss from growing up there.  

*******

Day 1: My mom and I, with Emerson left at 7:30 a.m. Driving, driving and driving some more. One of the pros to traveling with a toddler - we made a lot of stops so that Emerson could run around, get some fresh air and stretch his legs. We used this to our advantage! 
This guy has the biggest junk lot in Ashton right before you start your way to West Yellowstone. The photo only shows about an 1/8 of his property which is packed full. He was a character, to say the least! I got him to pose this way and told him to say "This is my kingdom!"
P.S. Yes, even the bus in the background was FULL of stuff!



Next stop: Bozeman, MT. We finally hit Big Sky country! We stopped at this great antique store. I loved the outside of the building and feeling like I just stepped back into time with the old patio chairs and coke machine! 



Emerson got to run around and play on one of the old wagons. He surprisingly did really well on the trip up there. The trip back is an entirely different story!


We stopped in town and went to my friend Stacie's store called Sugar. She is a long time friend that I grew up with and haven't seen in a long time. Her store is amazing and so is she! If you happen to find yourself in Bozeman, please stop, shop and tell her I sent you!

Finally got into Billings at 11:00 p.m. and had to make a stop at Walmart to buy some of the ugliest pajamas I have ever seen for Emerson. I forgot to pack him some! Got to my brother's house at 11:30. How nice it was to finally lay down and get some much needed rest!

No comments: