Friday, August 7, 2009

MT and Beyond - Part 3


There are so many parts to this trip! I keep thinking I am almost done, then I look at my pictures and see so many more fun things to cover! This blog topic will be over soon, I promise! I realize that it may be boring to most of you, but I have to get in on here for when I print my book out at the end of the year. Sorry!
Anyway....
The whole gang finally arrived at my grandparent's house and we were all reunited again! My sister and her family drove up from Utah, my brother and his family came down from MT and my dad, Wes and my nephew drove up from UT after making a few stops along the way to fly fish!

We started the day by driving into Cody, Wyoming and touring the historic town. We stopped at the Buffalo Bill Cody Dam. It is so amazing to see and it actually takes your breath away at first! This is not a good place to visit if you are afraid of heights!


I am so glad the men in my family all get along....quite well, obviously!



I am also glad to see my honey after being apart for a week!



This is a view from 400 feet above the river! On the other side of the dam, the water is only about 15 feet below my feet! So amazing! And yes, we did spit over the edge and watch it fall! Who wouldn't?



Of course we had to try some of the "merch" on! How do we look? Don't knock it...I may have picked up a few Christmas presents while I was here!



There was over 700 sq. feet of miniature scenes depicting the history of the town and surrounding valley. It was really interesting and it made me want to climb in the glass rooms and play with them all like a little kid!



After the museum, we made a stop at the Firework Outlet! Stocked up on some pretty sweet stuff! Stuff that is probably illegal in the rest of the 49 states!



Of course we had to go into town and do a little shopping and get ice cream! I think it is a necessity to stop and buy an ice cream cone when you are on vacation! It's like checking out the bathroom at a fancy restaurant - you just have to do it!



We walked over to the historic Irma Hotel and watched the Gunfighter's skit. The performances were mediocre, but the experience was priceless! It was fun to watch and definitely different from anything we have around here!





These are the bad guys!




Nice photo op with the kids! Thank you gentlemen!



It was a great ending to a great day. I love it when my day is packed with fun activities, family and fun! Only 4 days left of this vacation!




2 comments:

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

The picture of the dam with your feet is so cool! I would have never thought to have included the feet, but it adds great perspective. Love it.

Joan said...

I love the dam feet too. Tee hee