Friday, January 1, 2010

Resolve To Be Me!

Every year when the clock strikes 12:00 a.m. to ring in the new year, I try to make a simple resolution or two. I have been extremely good in some cases (i.e. no caffeine for a whole year!) and very bad in others, (i.e. photo journal)! This year I vowed not to make resolutions that are to be kept all year long, but rather place myself in events or circumstances that will still leave me with a sense of accomplishment. Things that I have longed to do for quite sometime but have not pushed myself to do. I like a good challenge just as much as the next person, but I'm not about to torture myself. They say that if you write down your goals, you are more likely to keep them. Here they are and not only am I going to try to accomplish all of them, I will write about my adventures in doing so! Here is to a great 2010 and best wishes on your own resolutions and clearing off the slate!

*

Amy's 2010 Resolutions
1. Enter something into the Utah State Fair in hopes of being awarded a ribbon!
2. Build something with power tools and my own two hands
3. Acquire a taste for Indian Food
4. Take a cake decorating class
5. Send out hand written letters to friends and loved ones
6. Commit more random acts of kindness
7. Cry more freely
8. Go to the movies alone
9. Learn to cook a gourmet meal from scratch
10. Dance with Wes under the stars

8 comments:

lyndsey said...

oh i can definitely help you with the indian food thing. let's do a dinner date sometime :)

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

Goals you don't have to commit to all year long? That is brilliant. You can do it!!! Go Amy!

AmandaS said...

Love it! What are you going to build with power tools and your own two hands? I am anxious to see. And, I am more than happy to let you practice your gourmet meal on me!

La La Land said...

I love it! I am on #3 and #9! Just say when...

Colett (*.*) said...

I could mentor you on 2,3, & of course 7, but I might try 8 for myself!

Kristin said...

Hey - I got cake decorating stuff for Christmas - I saw a class in the community ed book that came in the mail last week that I may attend :)

sachia said...

Yup...we love us some Indian food. Let me know when you give it a whirl, I think you may be pleasantly surprised.

Joan said...

Well if you accomplish the Indian food goal, let me know how you did it. I just don't like it at all. I