Friday, January 22, 2010

What are you?


I have finally gotten around to hanging up a sign that I had made back in November. I knew that when I was making it that I really liked it, but I didn't know that after hanging it up on the wall and passing by it several times a day that I would really begin to love it. I realize that the aesthetics of it may not be for everyone. It's a bit rugged since it is made from old fence posts and stencils I bought at Home Depot. But I do think the message is one that can speak to everyone. It is a quote from Abraham Lincoln. This quote has made me stop and think more than any other. So I had to ask myself,
"What am I"?

1. a wife
2. a mother
3. a daughter
4. a sister
5. an employee
6. a Mormon
7. a neighbor
8. a crafter
9. a homemaker
10. a friend

Now, as far as being good at any of them or all of them? Well....the jury is still out on this one! There are of course things I need to work on but I hope I am on the right track!

What are you favorite quotes?
What roles in life do you think you need to work on?

If any of you want to check out the inspiration and and are maybe thinking about making your own sign, go here!

9 comments:

madison holmes said...

i meant to leave the smile. haha, but my original purpose was to say cool surge stitcher, do you use it? i have two and after a combined six hours i officially cannot seem to thread them.

Joan said...

I have a thousand sayings that I love but of course the one I use the most is: Men (and women) are, that they might have joy.
I think I am pretty good at most things I try, not perfect at any of them and working on the rest.

Jem said...

I am a rebel at heart and I have a lot of inspirational favorites but my favorite of all time is "Well behaved women seldom make history."

Amy said...

Madison - that is actually an old film projector! I wish I had a surger, though!

{natalie} said...

awesome, i have the same quote sitting on my desktop for me to print off at kinkos. it was an ad for stephan hales creative with a photo of abe. i'll send you a link. I LOVE YOUR SIGN.

Kristin said...

That's a good one!

Kristin said...

P.S. I gave you an award on my blog :)

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

Love it!!

madison holmes said...

ohh, i have an old yellow one from my grandma that looks just like your projector. and then marks grandma gave me her realllllly new one. if i can't figure it out this summer maybe you'll inherit one of them!