Saturday, March 7, 2009

Daylight Savings Checklist

We all know what a chore it is to go around our house and change all the clocks for daylight savings every 6 months. Not to mention the difficulty in trying to figure out how to change the one in your car and DVD player! As we turn our clocks ahead tonight, here are a few other things to remember to do biennially as well:

1) Rotate mattresses (flip and turn!)
2) Touch up all marks and scuffs on walls and baseboards
3) Check and replace batteries in smoke and CO2 detectors
4) Purge closet of any unused clothing and donate or sell (Host a "Recessionista Party"!!) 
5) Clean coils on your refrigerator
6) Shampoo carpets
7) Seal your grout and tile (kitchen, entryways, bathroom etc...)
8) Make all appointments for routine exams (dental, physical, and don't forget pets!)
9) Rotate tires on your cars
10) Go through 72 hr. kits and update/replace expired items

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally didn't remember daylight savings!!! Good thing you blogged about it because I would have gone to church at the wrong time!!! Ha ha. Yes, I HATE doing all our clocks. One time eric and I left our alarm clock ( that we NEVER use) and we just never changed it. Yes, we are that lazy! We need to get together soon!

Kee said...

Wow, great list! I think I am exhausted from reading it! LOL. Here is a confession, half of our clocks (dvd, car, stove - mostly digital ones) were never switched over. :-) I figure it is all in the interest of helping the kids with their math skills. Add an hour, subtract an hour... :-)

Margaret Kay said...

Ahh! Man, do I have to clean the refrigerator coils? . . . golly, then I hate daylight savings time!

AmandaS said...

Great! I thought I was doing good just getting my clocks changed . . . ahh , a woman's work is truly NEVER done!
Thanks for the reminders!