Monday, March 23, 2009

Today!

Despite the poo poo weather we are having today, I have a few things around to keep me happy!  I am easily affected by the weather so when I woke up to snow after a couple of GREAT days working in the yard and playing outside, I told myself that I was not going to get down and out because "this too shall pass"! 



The apricot tree in our backyard is starting to blossom! I trimmed a few branches off yesterday right when it was budding and I woke up to a few full blossoms this morning!  It makes me so happy to see these beautiful little flowers! It is only going to be better tomorrow! 



We failed to send out Christmas cards last year so we are thinking of sending Easter cards out instead. I found these great vintage Easter cards online today and printed them out. They were free! Now I am brainstorming of how to make them a little better and I am thinking of something good for the family photo to put inside! Wes is SOOOO excited for family photos! (hehehehe!)



I love lathering up with this body wash that Wes bought me for Christmas. I was groggy and tired this morning, but whenever I climb into the shower I am immediately invigorated! This wash is made with eucalyptus, rosemary, CHOCOLATE, mint and Thyme! Mmmmmmm. I am often tempted to just squirt it in my mouth! Best part is, it's not fancy at all...you can find it at Target! 



I love to sew and took advantage of the opportunity to stay inside and mend a few things and make a pattern off an existing skirt that I own, because I want to make a new one! I find that sewing frustrates me almost as much as it mentally heals me. The end result, when finally accomplished, is pretty rewarding however! 


Another thing that made me happy today was noticing that E had enough hair to trim! It is finally growing in! He was bald for so long and when it did come in it was as fine as cotton candy! And it was BLONDE! How did that happen? I had to take the scissors and trim the wisps of hair that grew over his ears and the tiny mullet starting to form in the back. I kept it and put it in a little plastic baggy for remembrance! 

4 comments:

Joan said...

What a cute pic of my little man. You can really see how much hair he has when you enlarge the photo. I am stealing it. I need to mend too, but my machine is still acting up. I may need you to bring yours so I can do my mending.

{natalie} said...

i love that print on your dresser. and the cool fan. i'm hoping the cold weather blows over quickly....the sun was so nice for those few days.

Colett (*.*) said...

I love that pic of E, drive here now so I can bite him!

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

I love that picture of E too. You need to remember to take pictures in that exact spot at that exact time of day again, because the picture looks like it was taken with an expensive camera.

I love the top of your dresser. Beautiful!