Monday, January 26, 2009

Good Getaway!

This past weekend we had the opportunity to go on a little getaway with some friends to St. George. I always look forward to running away from reality for awhile, even if it's in the same state! Our friend's have a beautiful vacation home there so we were able to take a trip not only on a budget but in style, with good company as well - which is always a treat! We had such a great time! In spite of the constant downpour of rain and gloomy skies, it felt good to just lay around the house, watch the kids play nicely with one another, eat REALLY good food and just get to know each other better! It was a fun weekend and we are so appreciative of our friends for inviting us and allowing us to enjoy the weekend with them! 


The second night we were there, we had to call 911 because all the CO2 detectors went off! We even changed all the batteries, but they still kept going off. They came and tested the house and could not find a problem. They stopped beeping after awhile and luckily, we were all able to wake up in the morning!


No, it's not cold outside. Wes and Ian went to Wal-Mart and bought air-soft guns. They played in the rain all night and pelted each other in the 10 layers of clothing they put on to protect themselves! Wes still has welts all over his legs! It was like watching children play and it made me smile! 



On the last day that we were there, my friend Jodie and I drove around to do some discovering of the town and we did a little shopping. Hitting Thomas Judd's was one of the highlights of the trip! I found and bought candy that I had not seen or tasted since I was a little girl! Candy cigarettes with a Sarsaparilla anyone? 


Later that night we all went out to dinner at TwentyFive Main. SO good! Just walking into the place gave me goosebumps! Amy Butler upholstered seats, empty frames on the wall and CUPCAKES! This is a must stop for anyone looking for a nice place to eat and be treated to some great atmosphere! The prices are great..about $6-8 a plate is all!


If Amy Butler and Black Chandelier had a baby, this is what it would look like. Pure lovely! 



Emerson doesn't get much kid time since we live in a "mature" neighborhood, so he was thrilled to be with Isaac, Luke and Megan all weekend!



The clan just before packing up and leaving back to SLC. Ian did not get the memo for all adults to wear black on this day! 
Nevermind Wes' shoes...it's a long story!




The ride home was a NIGHTMARE! We hit a storm right out of Cedar City that added a good 2.5 hours onto our trip. This does not make happy babies! We searched high and low for all McDonald's with an indoor Playland or "petrie dish" as we would like to call them! After a few nuggets, farts and chocolate milk, Little E was ready to hit the road again! Life of a baby ain't easy! We will miss the warmer temps of the southern end of our state, but it felt good to get home...safely! E. now has a nasty cold that I will go ahead and chalk up crawling around in colorful plastic tubes and curly slides.

9 comments:

Sam and Jess said...

You make me laugh. I read your posts and giggle the whole time.

Sam and Jess said...

You make me laugh. I read your posts and giggle to myself.

Joan said...

Nothing is scarier to me than slick roads. The stress level goes WAAAAY up. It would even be worse with a baby in the car. It sounds like you had a fun time, a scary time, a fun time and a scary time. Well at least it wasn't boring.

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

Awww... these pictures make me happy. I am just barely looking the pics from my camera now.

I worry that E's cold is from my kids. I hope it's ok I didn't keep them away from E more. I didn't know what to do since we were all in the same house anyway. Whatever my kids had was super mild though so hopefully E will be ok soon.

Guess what Jodi got me hooked on? O Red Mango! Ha ha. We both love it, but we can do without In and Out.

Reid and Christine Family said...

Thanks for all the recommendations. Reid's parents just bought a house in St. George so I'm thinking we my be there more often (especially if it doesn't start to warm up a little soon). I so don't agree with you on the Red Mango and In-N-Out opinion though - but it's all good! :)

Angie of Down This Road Designs said...

I posted but it didn't show so sorry if there is a double post. It looks like you had a lot of fun. The co2 thing sounds scary--I am glad everything was ok. I am ashamed to admit I had never heard of Amy Butler or Black Chandelier. (Iguess I need to get our more.) I checked them out and they have some amazing stuff. I have never been to red mango or in n out. I have been to Five Guys and it is yummy. I am glad you got home safe and sound. You are really good at pulling out the camera. I probably would not have thought about a picture when the fire truck was parked out front. But, I tend to go into freak out mode when that kind of stuff happens. I am glad you guys got to get away and come back to some cleaner air.

sachia said...

You are so funny my love. I look forward to your postings. You are a hoot. I love the "few nuggets, farts and chocolate milk" line. Too cute. I'll tell the Daines you say hello!!!! Such a small world, eh?????

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun. Eric and I are headed down there on monday for our anniversary. We are super excited. We hope the weather is better though, we are planning on doing a lot of hiking. We need to get together soon.

Reid and Christine Family said...

So we went to the restaurant you recommended and LOVED it. Thanks!!