Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Optical Illusion?

If you look at this and think that it is a photo of some beautiful waterfront property, you are sorely mistaken! Wes took this picture yesterday from high up on the point of the mountain. This is our inversion! Under this disgusting brown layer of filth, is a thriving city of over 1 million people! Can you believe this? We are off to St. George for the next few days and I am very much looking forward to blue skies and clean air! And when we come back, this better not be what I see!! Yuck-O!

7 comments:

Amanda said...

That is one thing I don't miss about Utah.

I love that on your "stupid list" on the sidebar you put Kokopellis. They will always and forever remind me of Sundance. Who buys those anyway?

*ethan* said...

i just got back from st g... very nice, it was 71 yesterday!

Joan said...

I think I'm going to be sick. They say Utah county air is the worst right now...even above Salt Lake. Ugh

Margaret Kay said...

If you hadn't said what it was . . . wow! And it rained today and all of the cars were covered in that stuff!

Anonymous said...

Have so much fun! I think you will be in luck. I think it is going to slowly clear out. Probably perfect timing for you to get home! Cool picture! Hope the weather is good for you guys!

sachia said...

Wow, not sure who has more nasty inversion/pollution. Los Angeles or your town??? Wow!

Reid and Christine Family said...

sick!