Thursday, November 6, 2008


The first snowfall of the year always brings a little holiday spirit into our home. Here is my confession: I am one of those people that could listen to Christmas music everyday for the next two months straight and not get sick of it! I love it and I have such a hard time understanding why people bitch and moan that the radio stations and mall's play it beginning the 1st of November. They cringe as though they just walked by a homeless person and took in a deep breath! When I was young and worked retail during the holidays, I had to hear my coworkers complain that the music was "unbearable". I was always too embarrassed to admit that I loved it and that as soon as I got into my car at the end of that shift, I would be playing it on the radio, too! Instead, I agreed with them and followed by saying things like, "I know, it's like, totally ridiculous" or "I can't believe how totally lame this is", when inside I was beaming and singing along in my head....because I know every word to every Christmas song and I can also tell you who sings it! Growing up, my mother played records of Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra and Nat King Cole singing their holiday favorites! Now, we are fortunate to have not 1, but 2 radio stations here that play it all day everyday. So here is to all the Christmas music lovers of the world! Stand up proud and sing your hearts out this holiday season! Thanks to KOSY 106.5 and FM 100, We can get into the spirit NOW!

6 comments:

Angie of Down This Road Designs said...

Oh yeah! Another Christmas music fan. I have not heard it on the radio yet.My daughter is working on a dance for a Christmas recital and brought home a cd with a Christmas song on it. So I pulled all my Christmas CD's out.

Sam and Jess said...

my husband is the kind that bitches and moans. however, I LOVE CHRISTMAS MUSIC!!! I drove around yesterday in the snow singing my little heart out along with the radio.

The Gilbert Bunch said...

I have also started the Christmas tunes! I let my neighbor borrow my car and it came back with Christmas music playing. I know I am in a goodood when I sing as loud as I can with the christmas songs! Merry Christmas!

Kristin said...

Last year one of the "neighbor-gifts" we got was a really cool Christmas music CD compilation - loved it (and if we ever move out of the neighborhood, I'm stealing the idea)!

Colett (*.*) said...

I love Christmas music too, but I must admit that I wait until after Thankgiving to play it around my house. I feel too rushed if I start now. BTW I am stealing your friends neighbor gift idea, I love that!

Joan said...

You are a chip off of the proverbial block kiddo. I play it all the time too and have been since Nov. 1st. What can be bad about remembering the Savior a little more often and longer than usual? It's all in the interpretation of the season I guess.

Mom