Saturday, November 1, 2008

Graveyard and Grins

What do you do with a 14 month old child who doesn't understand the magnificent details of Halloween? I, being the morbid mom that I am, took my child to the cemetery for a nice and haunting photo shoot! I don't have the nicest camera and I have never taken any photography classes, but I am happy with the results! My neighbor gave Emerson a ballon left over from her family's Halloween party almost a week ago and he has not taken of his wrist! He is obsessed with it and I thought it was too funny to resist taking a million pictures of it. Here are some of my favorites! Sorry, they are low resolution for quick uploading purposes!








7 comments:

Jem said...

You are quite the natural Amy. Imagine what you could do with some photo classes. I love the last one that could be Emersons name. Excellent job, you morbid mom!

Reid and Christine Family said...

I think those are way cool. What a clever idea! The balloon gives the photos the perfect irony.

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

That is a great way to put it. the balloon does give perfect irony.

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

Oh, I should add... have you ever been to Philly? There is the most incredible cemetery on a hill close to the city. It's such an interesting looking cemetery. I just tried to find a picture online but couldn't find what I was looking for. I assume it's the Laurel Hill Cemetery but I'm not sure. The view of the cemetery from the freeway is kind of cool.

I like cemeteries for their historical meanings. I love history. I also think some of the artwork is pretty interesting.

Joan said...

Between your camera and mine, did you see how many shots we got? Now I have to go deleting again so my disc storage won't be so low.

Mom

Colett (*.*) said...

These are so great, no wonder people from Singapore and Brazil are stalking you!

Andrea Denzer said...

Wow these pictures are incredible. So creative and haunting! You have a good eye girl.