Friday, October 10, 2008

Hello, Goodbye!

The title of my blog is symbolic for all the beautiful and not so beautiful things in life. 
Twice a year I have a private ceremony in my bedroom where I box up and relinquish the past season's clothes and I welcome the new season's that have been hiding out and waiting to make their grand entrance into my closet. October is like a jack-in-the-box with the fall season always seeming to spring up unexpectedly and scaring me a little because I think about how time has passed by too quickly. Where did all that time go and did I take advantage of the nice weather enough to get me though the next six months? In April, I will be anxiously awaiting for my little spring ceremony to happen! I will watch the weather reports and the first sign I see of the cold weather packing it's bags, I will quickly bring out the sundresses and open toed shoes once again and find it to be a "poppies" moment. I love the fall very much. I hate winter very much. Winter just seems to linger a bit too long. Judging by the week's weather forecast, today is a good day for my fall ceremony and there is a bittersweet tear in my eye! Hello sweaters; you kind of suck. 
Today may be a paper cut moment in my life! 


Goodbye old friends! I will miss you!


Nice to see you again. Please keep me warm this winter and go away as soon as possible! 


The days of pretty pedicures are over. No need for them now. Boo hoo!


My toes are feeling claustrophobic already!

6 comments:

Alex said...

im the same way i love fall but hate winter loves to u wes and E

Joan said...

I just want to sit in the jetted tub in winter and read. I don't have that many closed toed shoes that fit my screwed up foot so I hate winter for that one reason. Oh there are other reasons too for sure, but Christmas happens in winter so I kinda "love" winter until Christmas is over. However, now that my birthday is a national holiday in January, maybe it won't be so bad either. Save up for that day to give me lots of presents. It's sure to be a jammin' party.

Mom

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

Oooh! You have some cute shoes!

Colett (*.*) said...

Where do you put all of those summer clothes? I never put seasonal stuff away, I just make myself dig through all the wrong clothes all year. Stupid, I know.

Margaret Kay said...

I don't have enough clothes to put away the seasonal ones . . . They all just sit there waiting for the weather to change. BTW I finally GOT the title "Ppoppies and Papercuts". I thought it was cute before, but now I see it is also poignant! xo

Kristin said...

I get a little teary too now each season - but for the cute toddler outfits that may never be seen again. I'm saving them all in case we adopt a baby girl, but it makes me kind of sad that I may not use them again :)