Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Farewell My Friend!




As some of you know, and for those who do not, a dear friend to the crafting world is leaving us! Zim's Crafts is closing it's doors after being in business for over 50 years! Unfortunately, October 31st will be it's last day here in Utah. I may mourn this event since Zim's is a local company and has thrived for decades supporting the hobbies and talents of so many crafters! I will consider it a great loss in my life - another paper cut moment! 
Their selection of unique supplies is quickly depleting due to their closeout sale of 65% (or more) off! To all who love to craft and enjoy a good sale, I highly recommend heading over. I did! I loaded a whole cart full of supplies for a grand total of $35.00! I may have to do a follow-up blog entry with all the crafts I make from my purchases. Here are some of my favorite finds:


They have a great selection of teeny-tiny flowers



This paper garland is sold by the yard...originally
 .15cents /yard, but with the closeout sale, I got
 it for .07cents /yard....so I bought 20 yards!



Sable paintbrushes! I think they were $2.50 a brush! Great deal!


This is the score of the day: A glitter library! I was going to ask Santa for the Martha Stewart one, but this cost me only $7.00!


Here are just some of my finds. I got home and displayed it out on the table and let the creative juices flow! So many possibilites and ideas spinning around in my chaotic head! Where to begin?


We bid you Farewell, Zim's you will be missed! 


5 comments:

Kristin said...

Love the glitter library! Thanks for the heads up - I'd better go first thing tomorrow!

Joan said...

I used to buy craft supplies from Zim's about 36 years ago. Do you remember the felt advent calendar
with the pockets that held little toys to put on the Christmas tree?
Yep, all from Zims. They had stuff you couldn't find any other place. SO sad.

Mom

Colett (*.*) said...

I am crying a little tear for Zims, I think I might go up there tomorrow. Now where will I get things like, tiny birds on a stick, square canvases, small glass flowers, burlap by the yard, tiny purses and deer? Boo Hoo!

Margaret Kay said...

You know, the photo of the paint brushes is really pretty! I know, that was not the point of this "paper cut" blog, but what a cool photo!

Margaret Kay said...

. . . and the lace paper on the music is too! Talented, Amy!