Thursday, September 4, 2008

Week in Review

Aside from the previously mentioned adventures we had this week, there are a few more I feel are much too important to neglect. After all, this is basically my journal and a way of keeping record of all our happenings, since I failed to do so in writing many times! Several years from now, it will be so great to look back on these events and recollect these memories!
Here we go:



First and foremost: Emerson is walking - Everywhere! This is such a bittersweet moment in our lives! We know that life will be a bit more hectic now that he has learned his new way of mobility, but we are so glad that he feels more independent and less frustrated with being a little tiny person! We love to clap and cheer for his new accomplishments and see him smile from ear to ear with such pride in himself. Way to go little buddy!





Second: The Fall season is rapidly approaching us. I could not believe it when I woke up to snow capped mountains and 60 degree temperatures on Monday. The leaves have started to fall from our gigantic trees and there is a sense of autumn nostalgia in the air that is impossible to ignore. I am not quite ready to let go of the freedom from shoes and feeling the prickly green grass beneath my feet. I love autumn with every breath I take of it's crisp air and all the festivities involved, but I hold on to my love of summer for as long I can!




Third: Wes and I had the chance to attend the very last free Twilight Concert Series downtown at the Gallivan Center last Thursday. It just so happened that the artist was one of my very favorite artists (#1 spot is eternally reserved in my heart for Rosie Thomas!). Her name is Neko Case and if music were a tangible object, I would embrace and kiss the hell out of her's! I have been wanting to see her play live for so long so this was a great opportunity for us. Her voice is just as beautiful live as it is in recording. I had goosebumps the entire evening and it was an event that will not be forgotten! 
Turn up your speakers, people!

5 comments:

jody said...

I am enjoying you blog Amy. Your little boy is so cute and yes your life will be different now that he is walking. Look out world!!!

I too love fall but now yet. I can't put away the flip flops!

Joan said...

DOn't you love that you can now blog and journal and scrapbook all in one? I wanna kiss that baby's neck. When did you have time to do a pedi?

Mom

Haley Worthington said...

Emerson is stinkin cute, its crazy a whole year has gone by it seems like yesterday you brought him over he was so itsy bitsy in his car seat and now he seems so big standing there ready to walk.

Margaret Kay said...

I love the picture of your toes! It makes me chuckle. I will surely miss summer too! AND Emerson is walking??? So cool!

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

Her music is beautiful. I love it.

How exciting that Emerson is walking. What a fun milestone!