Sunday, September 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Emerson!

I was warned that this would happen. 
They all said it would be here before I knew it.
As a first timer I just smiled and thought they were crazy.

Yes indeed, Emerson had his first birthday! Where did the time go? You mean, all the crazies were right? When we were waking up every few hours in the middle of the night, I remember thinking that Emerson getting older just couldn't come fast enough. There is no way I was in the hospital just a year ago today trying to figure this little guy out!? It all seems like it was just yesterday.

We held the celebration at my parents house and had just the immediate family members over. It was the perfect day for a party and we are pleased to say that it was a great success! We had a "build your own hoagie" bar with chips, fruit, salad and drinks. It was low maintenance, no stress and easy cleanup! Who could ask for anything better? Emerson loved being center of attention and as always had such a great time playing with the cousins and getting spoiled rotten! He is having a blast playing with all the new toys that he got for his birthday. A million thanks to all our family who helped celebrate this special day with us...you made it wonderful!


Digging in!



Emerson showing off! No surprise there!



Matt W. displaying his fine work of art!




Perfect weather for a backyard party! 



E. getting to play with the girl cousins. Don't get any ideas, gals - this kid doesn't want his toes painted or to wear your dress up's



Two peas in a pod! I love that Amelia is in the background about ready to be launched by Savanna and Isabelle Y.!



Isabelle W. hanging out all by herself in the grass. She is the most content and sweetest little thing!



Time to open presents and see the loot!



Tissue paper is much more exciting than what's inside!



All the cousins took turns opening a present for Emerson. He still just wanted the paper.



Nick lending a helping hand.



3 of the 5 Grandmothers posing with the birthday boy! L to R: Great Grandma Rose (Wes' grandmother), Grandma Roxanne (Wes' mother) and Grandma Joan (my mother). Aren't they beautiful?



Colett and Wes' sister Haley with baby Isabelle. No, Colett didn't get what looks like a prison tattoo. She and husband Matt Y. just finished a triathlon only a few hours before the party! Congrats to the both of them!



Grandpa Wayne showing Emerson his favorite thing in the whole world: Lights! 
Second favorite: Fans.



Time for cake and ice cream! Emerson discovering his third favorite thing: Fire. 
He takes after his dad in so many ways! 



Don't worry, he was the only one that got naked to eat his cake. It just wasn't that kind of party.



"I think I'm going to puke!" 
Time for a bath and bed!

6 comments:

Kee said...

Those are great pictures! I LOVE the one with E and his cupcake. I can not believe that a year has gone by already.

Joan said...

It was a good party and when I post my pics you will see some more fun shots that you didn't get. That Emerson is a fun baby. The pregnancy was such a trial but it sure was worth it. We love that yummy little guy.

Mom

Jill said...

What a party! And he is such a little man!

Haley Worthington said...

thanks for the fun night, Emerson is so stinkin cute, I need to update my SweetPeas blog so if ya want we could do some pics of him...

Margaret Kay said...

Amy, I am so sorry I could not come. I was really looking forward to it, but Happy Birthday to Emerson, and congratulations to you, also. I love the photo of Emerson looking at the candle (or rather, the fire). xoxo

Sam and Jess said...

mmmm those cupcakes look mighty tasty. And great idea for the sandwiches I was ambitious last year for Ella's first birthday and I make cupcakes with colorful frosting...this year we are buying a cake from Sam's Club (exciting, huh) and pizza.