Friday, September 12, 2008

Maybe Not The Best Idea?

Gustavus, Alaska is the home to Wes' parent's vacation home. There is absolutely nothing to do in this tiny uncivilized town but enjoy the peace and quiet, hike and fish. On Thursday morning (5freaking30 a.m!), Wes was set to leave for his long awaited Alaskan retreat so I drove him to the airport where we said goodbye for the next 10 days. Yes, I'll admit that I got a little teary eyed as I drove away. Partly because we have never before been apart for that long and partly because if anything were to happen here on the home front, he is so far away and not easily accessible - and that worries me a bit! He expressed a lot of concern about being away from his little family and I could tell that he was nervous, as well. He did say that he was able to check his email from the small library in town so I came up with a brilliant little plan to make the distance more bearable. Did I mention that Alaska is next to Russia? Since our cell phones don't have coverage up there, I decided to put our computer's camera to good use and take 2 pictures each day of Emerson and myself and then email them to him. One to say good morning, one to say good night! Easy enough, right?
The following photos are of an attempted feat of a good gesture.







We are now just going to wait for Wes to call and check in instead.
Have a nice vacation, honey!


12 comments:

Jem said...

I love your posts. They always make me laugh. This one is classic. I bet Wes misses you both very much.

sachia said...

Could you be any funnier?? Seriously those pictures rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for making my lazy Sat afternoon histerical.

Joan said...

Tee Hee, baw haw haw!! Can't wait for the next installment.

Mom

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

Ha ha ha ha!!!! Those are GREAT pictures!!! Too funny. thanks for posting. I'm excited to look at that link you posted.

Haley Worthington said...

ok sorry but i can not stop laughing!!!! And I have good news there is cell phone service now if wes cant get any I know my dad does so call his phone I have talked with him several times this last week.

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

Amy, after I left your blog a minute ago I thought it would be fun to post the dragonfly picture on my blog. So I did :) I really enjoyed hanging out with you this morning for a little bit.

Kristin said...

Did you pinch E on purpose to give Wes a guilt trip so he'd be on the first plane back?! Too funny!

Kee said...

That was so funny! You always crack me up. I like the way you look at things.

Colett (*.*) said...

Those are killing me, I literally LOL'd, give me that baby!!!!! We will help take care of you while he is gone, let's go to the park, Gardner Village, Thanksgiving Point or maybe even one more day of swimming at R&J's, it's supposed to be hot again next week.

The Gilbert Bunch said...

If you need anything call us! Those pictures are so funny.

Shon O said...

OK this really made me laugh. I just love the last one!! I can just imagine the whole process and then the look on your face after seeing what moment in time you managed to capture.

The Gilbert Bunch said...

How do you stay so skinny? I need to fun around the world also!