Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Change is Good!

I think we are all aware of the effect that having a baby does for one's hair. I didn't get postpartum depression but instead I got postpartum balding! Then, a few weeks after I had Emerson, I was admitted into the hospital for a week with an intestinal infection that nearly put me six feet under. It reeked havoc on my body so as a result, I got a double dose of major hair loss! How wonderful for me! Now that almost a year has passed and my hair's new growth has some length to it, I decided to have my mother-in-law chop it off and start over. Scary? Not as much as it was a relief! I needed the change. I love change! It brings excitement into my stay-at-home-mom-suburban-life. Besides, hair is not really my forte'. It's too much maintenance to get hair to look good. I'm a wash and go kind of girl so if it requires too much work, it just ends up in a pony tail or under a hat. I have a good feeling about this one so I am welcoming my new short "do" with enthusiasm and optimism! 

P.S. It is still long enough to be pulled back into a pony tail!




Before




After
(never mind the fly-aways caused by static electricity)


7 comments:

Haley Worthington said...

so cute!!
you have been tagged look at my blog. HALEY

Kee said...

Amy it so cute! I think it makes your eyes look really big. Very flattering.

Joan said...

I love it too. It is a nice length for your face shape. It makes you look younger. Maybe I need bangs again.

Mom

Jill said...

I love it! I cut mine off in July almost the same length and it is the best thing ever. I have loved it. it looks really really good on you.

Ashley said...

I love your hair. It is very cute. Short hair looks great on you. I look horrible with short hair. Keeping it old school.

Colett (*.*) said...

You are a total babe with long, short, medium, or even no hair at all! I love the cut, I am almost tempted to try something different, ALMOST.

Sam and Jess said...

Love it! I am ready for a new "do" as well, but my hair is already short. Not much excitement that I can add is there??