Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Still Devoted!

That's right folks! I have not given up on my New Years resolution! Do you remember it?

"1. Enter something in the Utah State Fair in hopes of being rewarded a ribbon."

Ahhh. Now do you remember?
Today I logged onto the fair's website and checked out the entry form for being a "competitor" in the exhibition. Oooo - that word just sounds so scary and intimidating! A competitor? As some of you may know, I am not the competitive type. At all! It's a blessing and a curse, really. The only person I EVER try to compete with is myself. Anyway, as a virgin exhibitor, I think I may make some de-lish cookies. I figure I will be up against some pretty serious bakers (remember this is the STATE fair - not some rinky-dink county crap!) but looking over the rules, I think I might be able to handle it!


Pretty easy right? We'll see. I thought it was a good idea to go simple since it is my first time entering. Maybe I'll move on to butter sculptures or carving a fireplace mantle for next years project! 

If anything else, it will get me a free ticket into the fair so that I can ride this with my 2 favorite boys:


This picture gets me so excited! I love everything about the fair! The food, the freaks and the fun!

-So, does anyone want to do it with me? 
-Anyone brave enough to compete against the whole state of Utah?
-Why is this a goal of mine? I have no stinking idea.

5 comments:

Nicki said...

I have a confession. From 12 years on I entered something in the Carbon County Fair every year, and almost every year one of my items went to state fair. I was a "4-H er"! I may enter some cookies. I could use the $4.00. Actually, I would settle for just the blue ribbon, or maybe even the free ticket. I secretly love the fair!

Liz said...

Sounds like fun! My girls took a 4H sewing class last year. They each entered their super cute skirts they made in class into the Wasatch County fair. To my delight, both skirts were chosen to go to the Utah State Fair. They each got a cool ribbon and a few dollars. They were so pleased with themselves. I never really thought about entering something I made, but maybe I will give it a shot.

madison holmes said...

I like this :)

Kristin said...

Let me know if you need a taste tester :)

La La Land said...

I just might do it.