Monday, June 28, 2010

Late Night Swing


It was 11:30 at night. Wes was on shift at the fire station. Neither Emerson nor I were the least bit tired. I thought a late night swing from the apricot tree would be fun. I wondered if I was being a bad mom for keeping my toddler up so late. He giggled, he laughed, he smiled from ear to ear as we swung in circles, back and forth, side to side, high and low. As I carried him back into the house, he wrapped his arms around my neck and said, "I love you, mamma!" I knew that I was not a bad mom at all.

11 comments:

{natalie} said...

i love the lights in the trees. i think you are a good mom and sometimes we need to do those crazy late night things.

Joan said...

I want to swing in a apricot tree with lights all around.

Kaye said...

I want to swing, too! I love the photo- it looks totally magical. And I bet that was a wonderful hug!

madison holmes said...

best thing ever, to hear "i love you momma."

Jem said...

Youre an amazing mom, Ames.

katherine said...

you make me want to go wake up my kids!! this is just delightful!

Ashley said...

i love everything about this post. You are very lucky.

mrsjohn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
AmandaS said...

I'm so happy to know that I'm not the only mom who's kids are NEVER in bed at bedtime. Sometimes the late night is the best with kiddos!

love your lights.

sachia said...

That is the sweetest dang thing. He had a blast and you even got an unsolicited I love you out of it. Worth it for sure!!!!

La La Land said...

Adorable! Not a bad Mom at all...