Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Art, Food, Fun. What more could I ask for?

Art. Oh, how I love it and want my house filled with it! On Tuesday night I had the opportunity to attend an art showing and appearance by one of my very favorite artists, Brian Kershisnik with my friends Natalie, Sandi and my sister Colett. The event was held at Communal down in Provo, so along with being surrounded by amazing artwork, we were also served a 4 course meal! My taste buds were in a bit of a shock from eating delicious and fresh foods and not jarred pasta sauce and chicken strips. It was such a fun evening and I am so glad I got the chance to get a little "cultured up" and spend an evening with some amazing women while basking in the glory of some creative souls!
   
         
100 N. University Ave.
Provo, UT

Some of Brian Kershisnik's smaller pieces


Tehehe! Colett trying to portray the lady in the painting!


Hahaha! Sandi trying to do her part by portraying this painting!
(I promise we tried to keep it serious and maintain a level of decency!)


One of my faves! 


Me just taking in the overall splendor of the evening!


The menu. I am so glad that nothing was too crazy. I actually loved everything I put into my mouth last night even though I had no idea what it was!


All the courses. So fancy and so pretty!


The lovely ladies who accompanied me
Natalie, Me, Colett and Sandi.
(Sandi doesn't have a blog but we're working on it!)

Thanks ladies for a great night out! I can't wait to do it again! Anyone want to come with us next time?
P.S. My sister's art also hangs on the walls of this great restaurant. Isn't she so cool?

7 comments:

Kee said...

Sounds like a great evening! I love that you and Colett are such good friends. Sisters rock!

{natalie} said...

i love all of your pictures. and i am now noticing your piece of cheese was way bigger than mine, lucky! we should get together again, it was very fun.

ps. i love that colett has art up there, it makes me happy.

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

Glad you had a fun night!

La La Land said...

Soooo sad I missed this. My sisters went as well. I have loved his work for a long time. And I love Communal. Glad you had fun and I want to go to the next one!

sachia said...

Your sister IS SO COOL! I am tickled that she took our engagement photos all those years ago, she has some serious talent and not too get too ooey gooey she is a phenomenal sister. That my dear friend, is a big ole' blessing. Helps that you two are stinkin' cute too.

sachia said...

Since you did a p.s. I feel like maybe your ok with it if I leave one too. Chicken strips and pasta? Time to get together with Chefmeister Laura Wood for some serious flavor finds in that gourmet kitchen of hers. I would come beg at her kitchen door for her leftovers if I lived there. :)

MOM/SUSAN said...

So glad someone in your family finally went to Communal! Paul and I have been twice and both times were completely happy. We sit at the bar and chat with the chef and think to ourselves, "everyone we know must come here to eat!" That includes your mom and dad. We're going to try and get them there with us very soon.