Monday, November 9, 2009

Serendipity

I know I should be blogging about my Halloween fun from last month. There are pictures to be posted, parties to rave about and events to be written of. I know I am behind on all of this. However, other exciting news has occurred that I feel free to discuss.

Today was an unusual day to say the least. This morning, I woke up and had to write a note to the lovely Beehive Bazaar ladies and inform them that I had to back out of the show. I was devastated. I was brought to tears. I was heartbroken. The bazaar was something I really wanted to be a part of and I was really looking forward to. Due to time restraints, some major repairs being done on our house and Wes working a lot of extra shifts while leaving me to survive as a single mom, there was just no way I could pull it all off and get everything done in time. I was so sad to miss out on such an amazing opportunity.

This afternoon, Wes and I were driving around looking at houses (that is another story for another day!) and decided to stop at Fashion Place Mall to walk around and let Emerson stretch his legs. While I window shopped, Wes took E to ride the quarter operated machines (Gross!). I noticed a fabulous little clothing boutique, door slightly propped open with a beautiful sign above it reading "Lucille Elaine". I peeked my head inside and asked if they were open. The nice girl behind the counter said they were not, but that I was welcome to come in and look around if I wanted to. I did want to! Of course I did! After drooling over all the amazing clothes and talking to the owner, I just blurted out, "Are you hiring part time work?" I don't know why those words escaped my mouth. I have not worked in 3 years and had no intention of working any time soon. After saying that, I thought to myself, "What are you doing!!?? Are you an IDIOT!" The Owner, Megan, replied that she did need to hire someone and she interviewed me right on the spot. Turns out I am a good fit for the position and am now an employed woman! 

When I called Wes to see where he and Emerson were at in the mall, I had to tell him that he needed to come and check out his wife's new place of employment! 

I will only work 1-2 days a week and the owner said she will let me work around Wes' shifts so that he can be home with E. 

So wonderful! 

12 comments:

Jem said...

Congrats! How perfect is that? I so believe that things happen for a reason.

Colett (*.*) said...

I think this will be just the thing you needed! Although now I am dying to know about the driving around looking at houses, and wondering why you weren't in Utah Valley doing that. Every time I drive by a cute house near me, even if it is not even for sale, I say a secret prayer that you will move into it. When will serendipity work in my favor to bring you here?!?!

Amy said...

Colett - when you and Matt make lots and lots of money and buy the house for us! That is probably the only way Wes will ever move to UT county, unfortunately!

{natalie} said...

i am so sad you won't be doing the bazaar. i was looking forward to having you there.

the new job sounds pretty cool. i hope you love it!

Amanda said...

Congrats Amy! Sometimes you just need a little me time. Fun to have something your own to do.

I saw some of those Halloween pics on FB and LOVED your costume. Well done.

Sam and Jess said...

Yay! Congrats on finding a cute place to work. I will have to stop by in the near future...when do they open?

sachia said...

You have to love your sister for the never-ending plugs for UT County! I am really trying to imagine you there..hmm.

So, the reason I stopeed in was because I saw you had a new post. As you know I am a fantastic blog stalker and I am happy and excited to hear about yout new hang out spot. I think it sounds great, they are going to love you.

Joan said...

It sounds like it's right down your alley. Let's see how Wes handles a two year old when you are working. It may a be a good thing for all three of you. wink, wink

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

Looking at houses??? Eeek!!!

Sorry about the bazaar. I hope this new job fills the void.

Ashley said...

Good for you. I think you are amazing. I am sure that pulling out of the Bazar sucked but it will all work out.

By Divine Design said...

That store sounds cute! You'll have to tell us all about it once you become official. Sometimes getting out of the house and a little 'retail therapy' on the side is just what a full-time mom needs. Good luck!

BB said...

Wait a minute ... my face just turned a bright little shade of red and got all sorts of blushy because I was the nice girl behind the counter! (hee hee)

You have no idea how much fun it was to meet you (and W and E) and FINALLY get to work with you - YAY Sundays!

P.S. You already know this, but I'm in total and complete love with you and your blog(s) extraordinaire :)