Monday, November 16, 2009

Want to get crafty?

Saturday was an all day long, all-you-can-craft day at my sister's house! It was dreamy (Lyndsey, we missed you!)! She has such an amazing art room that is usually in perfect order and tidy as can be, but this is what happens after only a few hours of us getting our craft on!


My sister, Colett, was making Christmas presents for her friends, Beehive Bazaar goods and this.....
I need to give birth to a little girl just so that I can make one of these too! I love it!


She had taken an old lampshade and removed the fabric from around it. Then she wrapped all the metal with thick green yarn. She got some twigs off her trees and placed them inside, securing them with twine and then added some silk flowers, leaves she made from felt, a nest and paper mache birds she made from old book pages.
(Isn't her daughter's room adorable?!)



As for me, I made a few things.
This being one of them:
You can get the tutorial on my craft blog H if for Handmade.

Be sure to keep checking in on my craft blog for great Christmas present ideas, wrapping ideas, or maybe just a few things you would like to make and keep for yourself!
And who knows, there may even be a GIVEAWAY in the near future!
Are you feeling lucky?

10 comments:

Kristin said...

That pillow is fabulous!!

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

I LOVE that pillow!!!!!!

Joan said...

Don't you love Colett's hanging lights in the craft room? Such cute shades that she made. Cute lights, and cute pillows that you made....oh your Mama's heart is so proud.

Colett (*.*) said...

the whole darn day was dreamy! the only thing missing was some chocolate, why didn't we have chocolate?

Amanda said...

Insanely jealous of 1) a room set apart for crafting 2) a day of crafting with a sister and 3) the fabulous goods created.

Love that pillow Amy.

sachia said...

Oh wow, that room is so pretty, I love the mess, the pink color and all the crazed crafty ladies in it.

Ashley said...

that pillow was from heaven. Straight from.....

lyndsey @ the stationery place said...

boooo. i missed you too :(

lyndsey @ the stationery place said...

boooo. i missed you too :(

La La Land said...

I am so jealous of that room! And, I LOVE the pillow!!!