Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Novel Idea


(you will need to turn the music off at the bottom of the page!"

Yes, that's right, you can go ahead and call me a genius! I had this thought the other day of how I could make little E eat his veggies. In previous battles with my son trying to get him to eat a balanced diet, I would have to say things like, "This peanut butter sandwich is made with Grandpa Wayne's special jam!" or "This is daddy's very favorite food that he eats when he works at the fire truck's house!" I found that if I use references to things that he adores when referring to his food, he eats it right up - because who wouldn't want yummy fire truck house food! So I thought if his food looked like it was fun and showed resemblance to things he favored, he may just devour it after all!

*

Lucky for the world, Wal-Mart sells individually packaged veggies in the varieties of beans, corn and carrots. They also sell stickers in the shapes of lots of exciting boy-like things!



A little sticker here, a little sticker there......



And you may ask, "yeah, but does it really work?", and I will have to say, "See for yourself, you skeptic" !



Here is a little hint: Only apply the sticker to one packaged veggie (or other food container of your choice) and show your child just that one as "bait". Then prepare one that does not have a sticker on it. That way, you are not having to place a sticker on each and every piece of food you want your child to eat and the package of stickers will last longer! 

4 comments:

lyndsey said...

okay, he is SO cute! and nice work on the brilliant sticker idea. maybe that will work on my husband ;)

Joan said...

That is pretty clever, especially by showing him the sticker and making a switch. Mother's have to be so crafty when it comes to nutrition. I need some Tai Pan cauliflower, and some Dillard's carrots.

heidi said...

Yep, you're a genius. Think it will work on a sassy 5-year-old?

Kristin said...

Love it - kids are so funny. I can't believe how big E is!