Friday, July 10, 2009

Free Concerts Rule!

You know summer is officially here when the Gallivan Center starts the free Twilight Concert Series. Last night was particularly in our favor since the 2 bands performing were in Wes and my top 5 faves! Jenny Lewis was the opening act. I have loved her for years, even before her solo career when she was part of the ever so awesome, Rilo Kiley. She did not disappoint! Next up on stage was Bon Iver (pronounced "Bone Eh-Vehr"). Wes has waited quite some time to see this band live. Music from these guys are played almost 24/7 at our house. We heart them so very much! 

I was an idiot and forgot my camera so we had to use the cell phone to take pictures. Blah. I was so mad at myself! The pictures are horrible! 
The place was packed. I would say that out of the 5,000+ people there, only about 500 of them were there to actually see the bands. The rest were there to get in my way, stink up the place with their free flowing farts and act like drunken idiots. The Gallivan Center is waaay to small for these events and the unappreciative party-ers should leave it alone and just make their way to Evanston, WY



That's why I was so excited when our friends handed us VIP passes into the gated area! Alas we were free from the mayhem and stench! We had a great view, all the free beverages we desired and we were able to bask in the delightful sounds of Justin Vernon in peace...just like it should be!



This was the first date Wes and I had been on in a very long time! It was so good to get out without Mr. Little Jeans and enjoy our night out on the town! If the picture was taken full bodied, you would be able to see that we were standing on a cloud with the number 9 neatly pinned to it! 

3 comments:

sachia said...

Yay for free concerts. I love that you forgot the camera cuz the photos look nostalgic. You guys are darling.....seriously!

Miss you!

madison holmes said...

gracie saw you two there, she wanted to tell you hello but didnt have your number. this is her belated hello to you, through me :)

madison holmes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.