Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Wrapping up May



For my birthday, Wes surprised me with a trip to San Diego! We leave in 2 days and I am so excited I can hardly stand it! I haven't been there since I was about 8 years old, so I have no idea what there is to do there. We are hitting the standard tourist traps: Sea World, San Diego Zoo and Animal Kingdom. I think I will have seen enough species of surf and turf in the upcoming 6 days to last me a lifetime! Here is my question for you: Is anyone very familiar with this city and can offer any advise on what to do or see while we are there? We will be staying in Coronado but can easily drive wherever we need or want. Remember, we have a little one coming with us so no romantic rendezvous are in order! 

Also, just as a side note....
 I am always anxious to see what arrives in the mail around the days of our birthdays. We usually get a card from our dentist or a near by ice cream shop letting us know that we are entitled to a free cone. And if we are really lucky, I loved one remembered to drop us a note and brighten our day.  This year was a wee bit different!
I got these:
A free dinner at Tucanos. All you can eat meat accompanied by a carafe of Brazilian limeaide - Be still my beating heart! And I also received the most beautifully packaged Anthropologie coupon I have ever seen! A whopping 15% off! I might just be able to finally afford that lip balm I've been eyeing! 
*
*
*
........While Wes got this (hehehehehe!):
Nothing says "Welcome to your thirties" like an invite from Miracle Ear!

7 comments:

Jem said...

How fun. I havent been to Sand Diego since high school but I remember liking it better than Disneyland. Enjoy! You deserve it.

Kristin said...

Ok - I just read "we have a wee little one coming..." and thought that you were announcing that baby #2 was on the way. Maybe I'm having a premonition?!

sachia said...

How cool!! Yes, The Corodando is awesome, we stayed in the Hotel Del for our first night of our Honeymoon then moved over to Lauguna Niguel. I go to San Diego and stay with Brett's folks out in the sticks but I love alll three places your going. Sea World is my fav. E-mail me if you have any more questions!!! I'm so excited for you, you have been dying to get away! What a sweetie pie that hubby of yours is. :)

Joan said...

I love the miracle ear mailing. Tee Hee

What does Carolyn say about things to see? I would like to go there again one day. It has nice weather so much of the time, but take a jacket. That I remember. It can get cool in the evenings when you are so close to the ocean.

madison holmes said...

The redwoods are very amazing and the Paul Bunyan statue is a little silly and much shorter than I remember it being...but last time I saw him I was two or three :)

How was/ is San Diego? I bet it's perfect.

madison holmes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

San Diego???? Thats our favorite fam vacation!!!! Lucky!!!! I am dying to go there this summer. We are pretty big beach bums though. We have done sea world and the zoo but we morph into fish every time we go there and pretty much stay on the beach:)
We havent done it with Braxton yet though so I am not sure of all the kid-friendly things???
Hope you had so much fun!