Sunday, June 7, 2009

San Diego, We Will Miss You!

*Who's in charge of the murals at the San Diego Zoo?*


I am wiped out! Why can't I get back into the groove of things? We have been back for nearly a week and I still just want to play and neglect real life! We had such a great time on our vacation and we packed more things into 6 days than I could have ever imagined possible! We saw so much of the city and got to know our way around pretty quickly. We discovered a lot of new things (good and bad!) about this city. As nice as it is to go on vacation, it is always nice to come home! 
______________________________

Here is a brief recap of our trip:

sites and scenes of Coronado - the most amazing little island ever, toured the very "Little Italy" district, Sea World (where we got our camera stolen), shopped in La Jolla and visited Seal Beach,  a must stop at Costco to buy a new camera, Wild Animal Park, toured the Maritime Museum along with 2 ships and 1 submarine, walked the Gaslamp District, visited Seaport Village, Shopped Fashion Valley Mall (I wish we had a Bloomingdale's!), Back to Sea World to take pictures, laid on the beach, San Diego Zoo, back to Coronado because we love it so much, Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego and La Jolla. 

P.S. When someone calls it "Sunny San Diego", they are a big fat liar pants. 

Yes, we were busy and with a new fancy camera, I took several pictures so please bare with me as I know blogs with a million personal pictures are nothing but a huge bore-a-thon! (these are in no particular order as that takes way to much time and thought!)

This is the balcony of the condo we stayed at! It was so nice! We were able to save a lot of money (and fat grams!) by buying groceries and making a lot of our meals at the condo rather than eating out everyday. Too bad is was so stinking cold everyday that we never really got to spend much time on it.


San Diego Zoo. The line to see the Pandas was HUGE but so well worth it! They are amazing animals!


Wes is the new San Diego Zoo "over hunting theorist", whatever that is!


My fave! The dolphins at Sea World!


Cirque De La Mer. So incredible!


Taking Emerson on the kiddie rides at Sea World.



We had to take this picture in front of the flamingos! Why? Because I really do stand like this. I'm not even joking. I stand this way when talking to people, when I do dishes, craft, bake, iron my clothes, etc....and when I do, Wes tells me I look like a flamingo! 



The only day we were able to lay on the beach. The sun came out for 20 minutes in 6 days!


E loved playing in the sand but hated the waves


Beluga whale (look closely!) at Sea World. I want one of these!


Wes getting a good look at Shamu and pretending to speak "whale".


Overlook at the Wild Animal Park. I really wanted to ride the hot air balloon but didn't want to fork out the cash for it.


If we ever go back, we are hitting this place again like crazy! Not good shopping, but REALLY great eating! 


Here I am getting an earache on the beach. Literally! The wind was blowing so hard and it was freezing!


We drove past some orange groves on the way to the Wild Animal Park and Wes got out and stole some oranges! Oops! They weren't ripe yet and were really sour and hard! Serves us right.


Wes is wiped out at the Merritime Museum and takes a break. 


Great sculpture at the Museum of Contemporary Art in La Jolla.

6 comments:

sachia said...

Holy Pictures!!!!! I am so sad I wwas soooo flippin sick all week, would have been fun to have seen you guys. A) You have done way more in SD in the few days you were there than I have done in 6 years. Looks like I need to make a list of fun things to do!!!!

B) LOVE that you were able to figure the blog message out. When I saw your post I thought to myself...Of course it was AMY!!!!!!!

heidi said...

How fun! I need a vacation.

That mural is SOOOO funny. What the ?????

Ashley said...

I love San diego!!! Sea World is one of my favorite places in the whole world. Seriously. My parents use to live on Coronodo. So we try to stay there whenever we go to SD. Love it. I am so glad that you had a great time. I am so not shocked my the weather. CA is a foolish mistress. It is JUNE 9TH and I am wearing jeans and a sweater......

Colett (*.*) said...

Stupid weather, stupid camera thief, naughty baby boy on a leash, nice whale, nice new camera, it all balnces out, it's always great to see the ocean even if it's cold!

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

I'm so glad you had fun!!!!

Now I'm having Amy withdrawls. Let's get together!

Joan said...

What happened to my comments? Did you delete me?