Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Picture Perfect!

This past Sunday as we sat next to our friends at church and their little girl, Megan, came up to me and handed me a picture that she had drawn. I told her how incredibly wonderful it was and what a great talent she had. After complimenting her on her work, I then asked, "Who is it?" She looked at me with awe and simply replied, 
"It's YOU!"
*
*
*
*
The resemblance is uncanny! I especially love the blonde hair and British teeth!
This picture makes me laugh so hard every time I look at it! I love it so much and will probably hang on to it forever! Thank you Megan for such a lovely rendering - You are such a cute little girl and I hope you continue to pursue your passion for art!
(April, I hope it was o.k. to post this!)

5 comments:

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

Hahahahaha! I will show Megan this and she will be THRILLED that you liked it enough to post it on the internet. Hahahaha! Love this girl.

I had a great time with you the other night ;)

Joan said...

I'm trying to remember you as a blonde. Oh that's right, you never were. LOL A child doesn't have to be realistic. They just express what's in their heart. Very cute!

Kee said...

Don't kids do the greatest things! Hmmm...I have never pictured you as a blond...what does Wes say?

Margaret Kay said...

Well, look at it this way. Big expressive eyes, smiling, rosy cheeks the picture of health, colorful and well dressed (as in the bow in your hair). A small frame under such an outstanding head! I'd say that was a compliment of the highest order.

AmandaS said...

Love the nose! That is hilarious!