Thursday, August 7, 2008

Zoo-tastic

We made our annual visit to Hogle Zoo today!
I am an animal lover through and through so being able to see these amazing creatures is very exciting to me! I frequently tell Wes how death doesn't really scare me because I know that my ancestors are not the only ones who are going to be there to welcome me in. I have big plans for when I enter the Pearly Gates! There will be giant grizzly bears that need there bellies scratched, lions that need to be wrestled and gorillas that need a high-5! Can you just imagine how great it will be?!  The zoo is the closest thing I have until my time is up! I know there are a lot of other animal lovers out there who think that zoos are cruel and seeing the animals in cages is too depressing. But, as much as I love God's furry and feathered creatures, I still enjoy a nice bloody steak, a tall glass of milk, Thanksgiving dinner and visits to the local zoo! While there, I couldn't help but wonder which of the animals Heavenly Father created and which ones Heavenly Mother had a hand in. I have a feeling man was in charge of this one while woman was in charge of this one.  It was fun to watch Emerson marvel at all the different animals and see his attention span lasting more than 2 minutes at the elephants and the giraffes. We look forward to next year when he is big enough to ride the carousel! Our front row parking spot and the overcast skies made it a perfect day to watch some animals do their thing....literally. We watched two tortoise's mate! 



Wes is not a fan of getting his picture taken!



Feeling the spray of the waterfall 



Please endure a few more pictures, honey!



Apparently we need to go that-a-way!



Wes and the gorilla are on the same "I hate pictures" team.



So close Emerson, so close!



I don't know why the camera freaked out and made us look like ghosts in this picture? 
Freaky!



No trip to the zoo is complete without a sip from the germ infested drinking fountains!



Goooooaaaal!



E. and daddy watching the 9,000 lb. elephants





10 comments:

Joan said...

I like to view the zoo too, like you...whew!

Kristin said...

We love the zoo too, especially the new carousel! The Zebra is Piper's favorite (she rides the whole time saying, "up & down, up & down") - love it.

Shon O said...

I have always enjoyed a good visit to the zoo. How fun, I think I have pictures of Colett and I at the same drinking fountain when we were kids.

Alex said...

hay i like stake and the zoo

Ashley said...

I love the zoo. It is always a good time. We love the Oakland zoo and even the SF Zoo, although the animals there can eat people.

Colett (*.*) said...

I need to remember to get a spray tan before getting my pic taken next to the carousel. That was freaky deaky.

Andrew & Holly Larson said...

i saw two grasshoppers mating on my sidewalk today...add that to my 3 dogs and we are a zoo! i should start charging an entrance fee and hand out meat on a sick! LOVE THE PICS!!! (h. not a.)

Andrew & Holly Larson said...

YES!!! IT FINALLY WORKED!!!

okay, this is holly and i just learned how to post a comment (basically dre finally told me the right password so it would work) - any-hoo, prepare for comments from now on!!!

going back to the 4th & 24th since i'm technologically challenged and couldn't comment then...I LOVE THE PICTURES OF ALL OF US! WE LOOK HOT!! & the bff one of you & me of course rocks (xoxoxo - p.s it's about time we came out ;)
Definately framers!! all my empty's are going to fill up fast now!

h. not a.

Anonymous said...

My little Em! I miss him! Looks like you guys had a fun time at the zoo! We took Braxton for the first time about 2 months ago and were there for eight hours and he was in baby heaven! He loved every second! I showed Eric the video of Em playing peek-a-boo with himself in the stove and he was laughing so hard. We miss you guys! Lets do something again soon!

Andrew & Holly Larson said...

uhhhm, does Wes's feet look freakishly small in that picture? (A)