Saturday, August 2, 2008

Reflection

No one can tell you all that parenting entails. They may try, but thankfully most fail. They say it will be hard at times, they say that it will turn your world upside down, or they may say that life as you know it will be over. What they forget to mention is how everyday is a grand adventure for your curious child and that you are the lucky one to be a witness to it all and on occasion even find yourself a student by simply observing their unblemished lives! The innocence of a young child is astounding to me. If we could only see ourselves and others the way children do, I believe this world would be a much better place. What joy it must be to accidentally happen upon your reflection and have rapture in what you see instead of find fault and be quick to critique! Maybe we could all learn a lesson from the population that exists at under 3 ft. tall!


7 comments:

Joan said...

You are so right Amy. I love the under 3 foot crowd. Those fresh little spirits really help to refreshen ours. I love to watch Emerson chatter whle he's looking out the window too.

Mom

Colett (*.*) said...

He's so dang yummy I want to eat him up. You need to video and post his muscles!

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

Amy, he's adorable!!! What a great thought.

sachia said...

K, this is so cute, almost had me in tears (maybe the music did it?)....what is wrong with me?? He is so cute and stripes are my fav. on lil' ones.

xoxo

Sachia

Alex said...

u r going to make me cry he is goin to get so big amy make him stop groing

Haley Worthington said...

Children are truley amazing, and wonderful, They grow up so so fast i wish i could rewind and make mine always be 2 years old that is my favorite year, they say the funniest things and really start to figure things out its so fun. Emerson is so sweet!!

Kristin said...

I keep wondering when I am going to stop being amazed at my little one (who is already 2 1/2 !!) - I hope never!