Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My Date With E.

On Monday I decided to take my little guy out on a date! It's been awhile since I just put all my needs, chores and schedules aside and just took a day and dedicated it to my little guy! I don't know about the other mother's out there, but to me, parenting a 2 yr. old is A LOT of work and there have been days when I have really wondered when the "rewarding" part of parenthood was going to kick in. Tears were more frequent than smiles (for the both of us!), time out's and tantrums prevailed and I thought the sound of him saying "no" to me one more time may just be the death of me. I read on someone's blog awhile back that, "To a child, love is spelled T-I-M-E". I figured that was just the medicine he needed - a whole day of my undivided attention! Time with E was actually just what I needed, too! We had a jam packed Emerson-Day and a lot of pictures to prove it!

Our first stop: The Aqaurium
Charting our adventure! 


Penguins were amazing, but not the highlight!

*
*
*
These were!!

And these, too! I could have stayed in that room for hours!


He found Nemo!



So many amazing things to see...and touch! 


Our next stop: The public library for story time

Picking out just the right one. A book about bulldozer's, of course!



Third stop: The park
We live just a few blocks from the Jordan Valley School (school for special needs children) so we like to use their playground! It's incredibly clean, uncrowded and has amazing equipment!

Including these swings, which is basically a Lay Z Boy on chains! It is his favorite!





Fourth stop: Baskin Robbins
He gets a head freeze really easily so we have to take small bites and eat the ice cream very slowly!


And lastly: Curling up together and watching Little Einstein's before going to bed!


I love you little guy and I am so glad that we got to spend the day together. You are my little hero, my hope for tomorrow and my strength for today! Thank you for coming into my life!


10 comments:

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

Cute! What a fun (jam packed) day!

lyndsey said...

that is the cutest little mommy-son date! i'll have to remember that for the future. he is lucky to have a momma like you :)

Joan said...

Ah, it makes up for those "no" and "don't" moments. He really does love you tons.

{natalie} said...

sounds like a super perfect day. i especially love the baskin robins part. little E is so cute!

Jem said...

He is such a cutie Amy. I can tell that he adores his mommy and I can see why.

DXOX said...

That is why I love you Amy; you are a fabulous mom! Can my girl come hang with you?

DXOX said...

GIRLS! oops XOX

Lisa said...

Oh he is growing up too fast! Look at him.... He looks so much like Wes!!! What a fun day! I love that you shared this with us.

La La Land said...

This is so cute! Let me know next time you want to go to the Aquarium...we'll meet you there.

Kristin said...

What a great date. Piper is always asking for "alone time". Kids eat it up... and so do mommies.