Tuesday, December 1, 2009

It's That Time of Year Again!

I know I say this all the time, but seriously, where does the time go!? I really want this month to just last and last and I want to savour each day of it! I am already loving December in it's beginning hours!

When Wes came to pick me up from work the other night, he brought me warm clothes to throw on over (and under) my work clothes and we headed to Temple Square to see the Christmas lights! I look forward to going to see the lights every year and we knew that if we didn't do it that night, it would be too cold the rest of the month.
It may be just my imagination, but it seems like they went above and beyond this year! There are just SO MANY LIGHTS! EVERYWHERE!


Apparently, whoever is in charge decided to go with LED lights this year. Maybe they figured since they were going to save money on the electric bill they could just go ahead and add another 5 million lights! It is so amazing to see them all!


We had Little E bundled up in his down coat,barely able to move about! I was so worried that he would get cold but he did just fine!


This is one of my favorite exhibits at Temple Square. I love that Mary, Joseph and Jesus are in the reflection pool with several dozen floating lights around them. So peaceful!


We of course had to take the token family photo to remember the evening by. Wes told me I didn't belong at Temple Square because I looked like a polygamist with my dress on over my jeans and that it was blasphemy! HA! That's what he gets for not packing me a hoodie! And why does he ALWAYS pose like this in our pictures?

7 comments:

{natalie} said...

i love going to see the lights. you are smart to go early in december before it gets too cold. the lights look so beautiful and i wish the people in charge of the lights would come to my house.

Joan said...

Good pictures Amy. We need to go too. It feels like a wonderland when you walk through doesn't it?

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

FUN!!!

Amanda said...

I miss seeing those lights! There are no displays here that come even close to the millions there.

Cute family portrait...polygamist or not.

sachia said...

I actually love your dress over the jeans, think you look hot and I definatley think you need to give your hubby some tips on posing. Just wait till you see our family photos we got done. Brett aint the winner of the sunshine smiles either.

madison holmes said...

the lights are so pretty. we've seen them just driving and walking by but won't officially go to see them until next week, brrrrr!

La La Land said...

I am with Sachia...dress over jeans=cute. Let's get together after the holidays!!