Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Day for a Date!

Even though Wes and I spend a lot of time together, it is usually spent running errands, working on the house or hanging out with friends. Today we decided to have my mom and dad watch Emerson while we went on a date and engaged in a little sport that we both love and admire, but rarely get to do: GOLF! We headed to the Cedar Hills Golf Course dressed in our finest golf gear: Pumas, Vans and cargos!
I had to make it very clear to Wes before we tee'd off that we were not going to keep score and that this was not a competition between us. I just wanted to go have fun! After playing the first few holes, I realized that conversation was not needed! Since neither of us have been able to go golfing for quite some time (I was prego all last summer) we didn't do real well! A few good shots here and there but for the most part, our game was weak. We laughed a lot and made fun of ourselves more! We even made a sport out of combing the out of bounds areas to find any hiding golf balls lost by previous golfers! As many as we found (and we found A LOT) we still didn't even out with as many as we had lost. We left with our bags feeling much lighter than when we came, our pride a little bruised but our heads held high! Hopefully we didn't pick up any ticks or poison ivy while we were at it!
It was such a great day and I can't wait for the next 1 on 1 date we have!

Little Known Facts:
Amy has been golfing for 20 years.
Amy's whole family golfs.
Amy was on the varsity golf team and lettered as a freshman in High School.
Amy is in love with this sport!
Amy really needs to practice more.




Who in the world plays with orange golf balls? Wes does!


Looked like it was going in, but no...it didn't.


Out of bounds! Watch out for creepy crawlies!

Seriously...watch out!

Thinking to myself "keep your shoulder and weight behind the ball!" It ended up in the water.

The score card says 465 yards, but I'm thinking more like 900!

Thank you for a wonderful date, honey! I love you!!!

8 comments:

Jem said...

Seriously, that golf course is very scary. You need to come down south and do some golfing at some beautiful courses.

Joan said...

I wonder if I'll ever golf again. I hate that I am lame and can't play any more. I will have to live vicariously through you and be happy to sit in the cart and watch... and stay away from the snakes. YIKES! I remember a bull snake at the 16th hole at Briarwood.

Mom

Colett (*.*) said...

Whos says it has to be one on one? We want to come too! I promise not to laugh if you do the same. We haven't played once this year. Maybe in the fall when it cools down a little.

Alex said...

dont wory any my skill level is rate were u r at

Kee said...

What a fun date! Shon will have to go with you when we are down there next. We share many fun things on dates, but decided that if we wanted to stay married that golf would not be one of them. I suck and he called me the "ditch witch" the last time we went out since I sent more turf than balls through the air! LOL

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had fun. I must say, Wes looks just EXACTLY like little Em in that bottom picture of you kissing him on the cheek! It actually is pretty freaky! So much alike! It was fun going to the cabin the other night. Sorry we couldn't make it. Braxton has a double ear infection. . . Again. Lets do it again soon though. And have a sleep over and stuff:)

Shon O said...

Yep, sounds like its just about the perfect evening to me.

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

How fun! Good for you!