Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy B-Day to Me!






Wes had asked me for weeks what I wanted to do for my special day. I don't like making itineraries or plans for events such as this. If I have expectations, I usually get let down since I am a "tad bit" particular of how things should be. I just like to fly by the seat of my pants! (This is how we like to vacation as well and we have never been disappointed!) My day consisted of opening my presents and the sweetest card from Wes (He did good!), breakfast at the infamous Blue Plate Diner, attending Art Market at Sugarhouse Park where my sister had some of her work for sale, and then Wes gave me the best present ever...a day of endless shopping! AND, at the end of it all, he made me the most delicious meal and then took me to the Cheesecake Factory for dessert. What a man! It was a splendid birthday! It actually extended into the weekend because the following day, he took Emerson for a boy's day out so that I could head on down to Provo to check out the work of the Beehive Bazaar ladies. I really look forward to this event twice a year so it was especially nice that it was happening on my B-day...what a treat! My house is filled with Beehive treasures and it was my sister and these fine and talented ladies who helped fill Emerson's room with handmade goods! On Sunday, we celebrated my B-Day and my amazing Mother for her special day. My dad made a delicious meal for us and we opened more great presents. I am not a fan of cake so my sister made individual molten lava cakes. Not a good idea for those watching their figure...these things are decadent! It was a great birthday weekend and it is so nice to have such wonderful people in my life to celebrate it with!

2 comments:

Colett (*.*) said...

Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday from your totally lame forgetfull sis, I adore you!

The Gilbert Bunch said...

Happy Birthday! As soon as I get my life back, lets go out to dinner! It looks like Wes did a great job! Lets go to Blue Plate. I haven't been there since we moved. Happy, Happy Birthday!