Monday, May 5, 2008

The Heavens Opened, The Clouds Parted and Colett had a B-Day

April 28, 2008
Sometimes I wonder when I say my prayers at night if they are able to break through past the bedroom ceiling and make it into heaven. Well, apparently the heavens were open last week! Not too long after my last angry blog entry, I received a phone call from an old co-worker who has started her own Interior Design/Styling business and asked if I would come and work for her. I spent 3 days last week decorating a new children's furniture store that just opened up in Sugarhouse. It was so nice to be able to do what I love and make a few needed bucks in doing so. I had a lot of fun! She allows my schedule to be flexible and I am able to work when Wes is off and can stay with Emerson. It is a great set up and I am so excited for the opportunity







May 3, 2008

Hallelujah! I cannot even begin to explain the anger I was having towards the snow and cold winds....in MAY! I was so sick and tired of it! Finally the weather was nice once again and we spent the day downtown and at Temple Square enjoying it. The flowers are planted and blooming in all their glory. Spring is a time of renewal and new life and that is exactly how I feel about Temple Square...it makes me feel like I have been renewed. Ahhhhhhh!








May 4, 2008
It was my big sister's birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLETT! We celebrated at my parent's house and my dad made her favorite meal, I made her a birthday cake and she opened some pretty sweet presents! I bought her an Amy Butler dress pattern...she has never made anything from a pattern before so we are going to have to plan a craft day and do it together. It will be very cute on her and I am excited to see her put her sewing skills to use. She is one of the most talented woman I know and I am so lucky to have her as the best sister in the whole world but as my best friend as well! She is beautiful in every way! Hope your B-Day was a good one Beast Face Rocket Rider!


5 comments:

Colett (*.*) said...

Hooray for answered prayers! You are going to be so great at this job, and yes I am really going to need help with the dress pattern I don't want to go around looking like a crazy lady in my homemade couture!

Joan said...

You never know when your prayers will be answered or how, so you just keep praying until God's desires for you are realized. This
job opportunity has helped to renew your spirit hasn't it?

Mom

Colett (*.*) said...

P.S. What the heck is up with my arm in that picture of us with your cake, my arm looks like I am a steriod popping body builder?

Jem said...

Congrats on your new job. It sure does make it easier to wake up every morning when you love your job! You and your steroid popping sister are so lucky to be so close. Enjoy each other as much as you can!

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

What a cute cake! I love the colors. I love the colors of your blog too. This has been fun to read today. I love learning more about you. How exciting that you got that job at the store. It sounds so exciting. When you are done decorating your house I'd love to see what you do... I bet it's going to be gorgeous!

Speaking of gorgeous... your sister's art is beautiful. I enjoyed looking at the link your provided.

I'm really excited that you moved into our area. It will be fun to get to know you better from your blog as well as when we see each other.