Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Spring Forward...Maybe?











The weather WAS absolutely gorgeous....what the #$%& happened? We took advantage of the sun's short stay and had a play date at Liberty Park with Colett http://yarroville.blogspot.com/ and her kids and Stephanie and her kids. We went to the Tracy Aviary and checked out all the crazy birds and the kids even got to feed the pelicans some fish! We had a great time playing all day and soaking up the rays. On Sunday, we did a family BBQ at my parents house and then went for a walk to make room in our very full bellies for my mom's peach cobbler. It was great to feel the warm sun on our faces and then look up at the snow capped mountains. If only it had stayed up there! Emerson loves to be outdoors! I think he had cabin fever just as bad as I did! He was born in the fall and being the nervous first time parents that we are, we rarely took him out this winter because we were so afraid of RSV, earaches, influenza and colic. We managed to go the whole winter without even a hint of a runny nose! Well, he just turned 7 months on April 6th and we love watching him be amazed at the ducks that come and visit our yard once a day, playing in the shade on a blanket under a tree just about to leaf out and strolling through the hood visiting with neighbors and friends. Spring really is upon us, it's just playing a very cruel joke right now and it's the only one laughing.

6 comments:

The Gilbert Bunch said...

OK, did you get your hair cut? I love it. You are such a cute mom. Lets go play!

Joan said...

I took the first picture. I'm good huh? I take exception to your stupid things list. Onions and desserts with nuts RULE!!

Mom

Colett (*.*) said...

I would like to add to your list of stupid things. People who drive competitively on I-15, PMS, daylight savings, my car, and bras.

April said...

AMY! How are you??? Your little boy is so cute (we all knew he would be!)
Noah said you guys were at our ward a few weeks ago - sorry I missed ya!
Looks like you guys are doing great :) You'll have to join us at Cafe Rio one of these mondays!

Jem said...

Look at those beautiful moms! Wish I could have been there!

Jem said...

Check out that smokin hot grandpa too;)